if you are a TripLogger user, thanks! I would also like to read from you in the reviews/here what you think of my BB10 application. If you are not, do try it out (I hope you got a BB10 device, else why not get one and experience something different?).
What is a Trip Logger? Wiki calls “GPS logger” as consumer application that records information (geospatial including latitude, longitude, times, accuracy among many others) for download. With the older make of logger, it is true maps/data need to be downloaded into a PC but analysis. But today’s smart devices with cloud storage and connected social media allows for a lot more people to people interaction with the information.
To begin with, you can download TripLogger from:
TripLogger – on BlackBerry World
1. Use Satellite, Network and Cell location service to record trips.
2. Use photos/camera to record trips. Read this for more information. (See BB10 blog for help to enable geotag on camera).
3. Show trip on Map (Google). Requires Internet.
4. Export to GPX and KML (import to Google Map/Earth).
5. Export to HTML (view from any web browser).
6. Customise different levels of accuracy and recording intervals.
7. Use it for walking, cycling, driving and etc.
8. Share your trip “live!” with your others so they can see where you are on your trip using any web browsers.
So what’s so special of this this trip(GPS) logger compared to the usual ones out there in the mobile app stores? It is free and will stay that way unless the cost of maintaining the infrastructure and mobile application to provide the service becomes a burden. It is more than just grabbing your data into a logbook and only you can use it (unless of course if you must), now you can share your trip with others real time.
1. Integrate trip information with other phone PIM features.
2. Dashboards with meaningful information (speedo, odo,
compass, altitude, charts etc) whilst the recording is in progress.
3. Allow your viewers to interact with you while you are ‘tripping’.
4. And more!
Changelog: Checkout the fixes and new features.
Tips/Troubleshooting: How to check permissions, access the misc folder …
This is my first and OMO BB10 app, please feel free to feedback.
Although I would try my best but I might not be able to fulfil everyone’s desire. If there’s a better app out there, why not. I’m just using ‘eating my dog food’ so to speak (and I do love it for my everyday purpose).
If you have any ideas, feel free to contact me and I will make time to respond to you.
Ref: earlier blog post